Our studios are designed to create flexible spaces for work, learning, and play. It is a tight-knit community of mixed-age children who support each other and collaborate daily. This environment fosters a culture of respect and much of the character development that occurs here.
We replaced external motivators like high-stakes test scores and grades with an intrinsic growth mindset, so our children are motivated to work hard and have fun. Respect is the foundation for every other skill we learn at Acton Academy Amador. We respect our time, our fellow learners, our space, and our materials. The children work together to create rules for the space. Some areas might be off limits for play, while others are more flexible. Ultimately, the learners come together to agree to those ground rules and promises—all based on a key promise to not distract themselves or each other during times of work.
Primary Spark Studio
- Be curious and have fun
- Play and explore natural interests
- Build the foundations of Reading, Goal Setting, and Indpendent Learning
- Have fun and be kind
- Set and track goals; Ask great questions
- Solid foundation of Math, Reading, Writing, and Civilization
- Explore and be curious and develop a love of learning through hands-on project-based learning
Middle School Studio
- Learn to work hard
- Manage your work and lead your studio
- Mastery of Core skills
- Dive deep in Quests; Explore the real world through Apprenticeships
Take a virtual tour of an Acton Academy studio
Hi, I'm James Gardiner.👋
I'm Co-Founder of Acton Academy Amador.
We'd love to hear from you. Schedule a call below: